1. Our organization
This Platform (https://www.fisuhealthycampus.sport) is a web-based application (“Platform” or “Application”) operated by The International University Sports Federation (“Fédération Internationale du Sport Universitaire“, « FISU », “we“, “us“ or “our“), is an association that operates under the laws of Switzerland with number CHE-114.655.343 and having its registered offices located at Quartier UNIL-Centre, Bâtiment Synathlon, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland.
Via the Application, FISU offers users with a Platform for interacting with universities and private individuals for the purpose of applying and maintaining the FISU Healthy Campus Label (“FISU Healthy Campus Certification”).
Please also refer to our privacy notice to understand how we process information about you. If you do not want us to do so or if you do not agree with the terms as set out in this site, you should not use this platform.
Account creation before entering into a contract with FISU
The use of our Application applies to the FISU Healthy Campus Certification which requires you creating an account.
To sign up to an account, you must provide certain information to us. You are required to enter this information truthfully and update it whenever outdated. The registration process is complete after you have received a confirmation email.
After registering a user account, you are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential. This means that you keep your password secret and do not allow and third party access. If you suspect misuse of your account, please inform us immediately by sending an email to: email@example.com
Our Platform is accessible to you free of charge. However, you may access the Application and its features only for the purpose of applying and maintaining your FISU Healthy Campus Certification and using the other features of the Application upon subscription fees.
Use by members registered on FISU
Registered Universities and their authorized member staff, undertake to only send us information that is accurate, appropriate and lawful. This applies in the event of conflict resolution or litigation with an opposing party.
In addition, you undertake to use all necessary caution to limit as far as possible any transmission of information that is considered as sensitive or risky without lawful ground, to abide to the terms of your contract with FISU or, where required, with third parties’ prior consent. To access more information about the processing of personal information about you and third parties you can access our privacy notice.
You undertake not to create profiles on behalf of third parties, false profiles, nor to put online links to third party sites or any content that would be illicit, inappropriate or contrary to morality. You may not use our services for commercial purposes (sale, resale, rental, transfer, etc. of our services to third parties) without our prior written consent.
Restrictions to the use of the Application
By accessing and using our Application, you shall:
- not use the application for your own commercial purposes;
- comply with the licence terms and, where applicable, with the restrictions to limited user account, such as using an account by appropriating the identity of a third party or opening and using an account on behalf of a third party without their prior permission, nor use the Application without entering with a separate direct contract with FISU;
- not communicate information via the Platform, nor propose services that are contrary to public order, and common decency or illegal (including in particular defending crimes against humanity, incitement to racial hatred, child pornography, etc.);
- not disclose content that constitutes a breach of third party ownership rights, including in particular intellectual property rights;
- not, except with our prior written consent, sell, copy, reproduce, hire, lend, distribute, transfer or grant a sub-licence over all or part of content appearing on the Application or decompiling, extracting, disassembling, modifying, posting in a legible format for the User, or attempting to discover any source code or using any software that activates or includes all or part of the Application.
- not attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the IT system for the Application or engaging in any activity liable to disrupt, reduce the quality of or interfere with the performance of or impair the proper operation of the Application;
- not misuse the Application by voluntarily introducing viruses or any other form of malware and attempting to access the Application;
- not infringe any FISU intellectual property rights;
3. Third party services and access to the Application
By using our services, you agree to the use of third-party services under the terms of these platforms. In particular, the Application operates via hosting providers exclusively located in Switzerland with industry standard best security practice. We also use auditors to help us with assessing your eligibility to the FISU certification.
Where possible we will use our own developed tools or third party, whether on-premise or cloud-based. We ensure that we use such services as far as possible only if they guarantee your privacy and the confidentiality of your data (personal and confidential).
If you want to know more about them you can contact us. You will get more information about how we respect your privacy on our privacy notice
4. Functionalities and features of the Application
When using the Application and accessing your user account, you may use some features and functionalities, which may be updated, modified and available from time to time. Functionalities allows you to:
- Access the documents relating to the certification;
- Access to the university's home page, which contains all the university's information with the possibility of completing and editing it;
- Add users to the university;
- Access the form where the criteria can be found;
- Submit proofs via secured transfer mechanisms for each criterion in any type of electronic format. When you transfer information and files to us, we will ensure to protect it, keep it safe and ensure confidentiality;
- View the status for each criterion (under review, accepted, refused);
- Receive email notifications from FISU and auditors.
- Access the list of universities involved in the certification.
- Access the list of auditors.
- Access the different chat rooms available. Chat rooms is a tailormade instant messaging feature that allows you to discuss with us and other User of the Application.
- Access global certification statistics.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties
The Platform is provided “as is”. You use our Platform at your own risk. The FISU does not give any guarantee that the contents conform to the expectations of the user or that they shall reach a specific target they aim to.
We cannot guarantee the uninterrupted availability of our Platform, because we rely on telecommunications networks, which are beyond our control. We strive to minimize operational interruptions, e.g., due to maintenance of hardware or software.
6. Limitation of Liability
The FISU shall only be liable for resulting damages in so far as they result from a breach of a contractual duty through wilful or grossly negligent behaviour by the FISU, or its legal representatives or agents. In case the FISU breaches any essential contractual obligations due to slight negligence, the FISU’s liability shall be limited to the foreseeable contractual damages. An essential contractual obligation is an obligation the fulfilment of which is essential for the proper execution of the contract and the compliance with which the contractual partner regularly relies on and may rely on.
Any further liability for damages is excluded. The liability for culpable injury to life, body or health in accordance with statutory provisions shall remain unaffected.
7. Copyright and Rights of Use
The content provided by the FISU is protected by the laws governing databases, copyright and trademarks. Such content may be neither copied nor disseminated nor used or copied in any manner whatsoever, without the prior agreement of the corresponding proprietors. This applies in particular to any copies made with the aid of robots, crawlers or other automatic mechanisms. Any use or modification of the services for purposes for which they were not intended is prohibited. In particular, copying or uploading of content, offers, directories, databases, etc. for commercial purposes is prohibited and will be subject to criminal and civil legal proceedings within the scope of existing legal options.
8. Exclusion of liability
The liability of FISU is excluded for breaches of contract due to negligence. This also applies to breaches of contract by your auxiliary persons and substitutes.
You will compensate us for any amount claimed by a third party due to behaviour attributable to you, whether direct or indirect damage. As our referencing on search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) and social networks is carried out automatically, FISU cannot guarantee or exercise any referencing control on these search engines and therefore does not incur any responsibility for positioning and visibility. FISU is in no way responsible for the content of sites or external sources that refer to FISU.
10. Notification for illicit or inappropriate content
If you believe that any content infringes your rights or the rights of third parties, please inform us immediately so that we can examine your request and, if necessary, take appropriate measures to put an end to any infringement.
You can report any infringement to your rights, or the rights of third parties, by sending us an e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
11. Confidential Information
With respect to any and all information of a confidential nature which appears or which you provide on our Platform (whether or not marked as such) including but not limited to any and all information relating to our compounds or targets, business and financial information, software, know-how, ideas and methods and techniques used by us in our business (“Confidential Information”), you agree to keep the same confidential and not to disclose the Confidential Information to any third party except with the FISU’s express written consent.
12. Data protection and privacy
13. Duration and termination
- withdraw your candidacy to the certification;
- do no longer meet the criteria of the FISU Healthy Campus Certification after we have sent you reminders ;
- terminates the contract with the FISU for the certification; or
Please note that if your account is deleted, some limited information about your institution may still appear on the search engine of our Platform about your institution. For more information about how we manage personal information, please read our privacy notice.
16. Applicable Law and competent court for dispute resolution
If you have any questions or need support in connection with this Platform, please contact us at:
INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY SPORTS FEDERATION